I am finally getting a chance to update my blog. My apologies for the delay. It's been a busy start to the new year. Here are a few things to note today:
1. I hope to be able to use email as much as possible to communicate with families. Feel free to email me any time. Be sure to put "srrstudent" in the subject line so that it gets through the filter.
2. I am busy preparing for PIN night on Thursday, September 30th at 7:00-7:30. Your children can attend the ice cream social in the cafeteria while you are attending our meeting. There will be staff to help with supervision of the children.
3. Thank you for helping your child with their math homework. I will send math homework on Mondays and Wednesdays. They are due on the following Friday.
4. Thank you for recording your child's reading minutes and signing the agenda each day. It's a simple way to show your child that you care about their schooling.
5. Your child brought a "Time for Kids" home on Friday. We read and discussed it here at school. If your child wants to return it after completing the back, they will receive extra credit.
6. If you see DT on a worksheet, it means we did it together.
7. Ask your child how many 3rd grade bucks they have. The children should have at least 40 bucks. If your child does not have that many, ask them if they have been losing some due to making bad choices. Be sure to praise your child if he/she has more than 40. They get 3 bucks a day, but they can earn them for just about anything they do that is positive. Our first 3rd grade party will be on October 20th. We will decide how much the party costs when we get closer to the party. If a student doesn't have enough money to attend the party, he/she will be required to stay in the room and complete various learning activities.
8. Thank you for helping your child with the spelling word sorts. I give the new words on Mondays and we test on Fridays. Here's the schedule if you lost my initial letter.
Monday--regular sort, Tuesday--blind sort, Wednesday--word hunt, Thursday--sort and write
9. That's all for now. As always, if you have questions, please be in touch.